Started ProductionSeptember 2017
Tools UsedUnreal Engine, Jira, Perforce, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Adobe Photoshop, Discord
RolesUI/UX Designer, Community Manager, Game Designer
Detailed InfoI was part of a team of dedicated students at (NHTV) Breda University in the Netherlands who worked on this Battle Royale title as a proof of concept.
During the initial 10-month development of The Survivors, I was flexible and adapted to the needs of the project, taking upon many (overlooked) tasks and several roles. I learned the most from the roles as UI/UX designer and community manager; I go more in-depth on these below.
- Created detailed mockups prior to implementation.
- Created fitting, reusable, and quality assets for the UI.
- Performed technical implementation of UI.
- Frequently requested and applied feedback.
- Iterated based on observations of user experience. (For example, watching Twitch streamers play the game.)
- Overhauled the entire UI in the final two months of development.
- Set up and managed a Discord server (and verified it as part of Discord's verified program).
- Set up a playtesting structure early in development.
- Answered community questions professionally on Discord, Steam, and Twitter.
- Collected and forwarded feedback to the team.
- Communicated playtest dates and patch notes.
- Managed the creation of The Survivors site.